Financial Due diligence
Our people are trained to identify, understand, and communicate key value-drivers, risks, and the opportunities that matter most to our clients. We customize our due diligence and other work to client needs.
Our due diligence approach goes beyond GAAP accounting and incorporates a detailed assessment of business-model risks. This approach is supported by:
- developing comprehensive work plans that deliver an insightful quality of earnings result as well as reconciliation of free cash flows
- assessing a target’s working capital components in detail in order to support working capital peg calculations
- preparing bridge analyses of sales and earnings with each step supported by an underlying analysis
- thorough analysis of profitability by business segment, customer, product, or service – often fundamental to supporting our client’s investment thesis
- focused attention on balance-sheet reserves and accruals: understanding the quality of the assets as well as all liabilities, on and off the balance sheet, is key to arriving at a final purchase price for an acquisition